About Me & Disclaimer

Sunday, 11 September 2016

Makeup Revolution Lipstick review!

Hi everyone,
 
 
Today I am reviewing the 'Makeup Revolution Amazing Lipsticks' I first discovered Makeup Revolution on holiday. I saw one of their eyeshadow palettes, I thought it would cost quite a lot, it looked expensive, but no to my surprise it was about 5Euros (Don't quote me on that, it was a year ago and I've long since thrown my receipt away!) I was so impressed with my new purchase that When I got home I looked at their website and to my utter delight I found they had more incredibly priced makeup.
 
Can we firstly take a moment to appreciate that these lipsticks cost £1.00 each, yes that's just ONE POUND! Normally I find that when makeup costs so little the packaging and the quality seriously suffer, but I don't feel this is the case with Makeup Revolution. I really like the packaging and the lipstick is on par with a couple of higher end brand lipsticks I have. I really appreciate the fact that they have a band around the top of the tube in the colour of the lipsticks shade, it saves me scrabbling around my makeup box, endlessly squinting at the bottom of each lipstick to try and read a minuscule shade name from a peeling label. I like that I can clearly see which shade it is, grab it and use it. Anything that saves time is a winner to me!
 
I put these babies to the test for you -Please bear in mind these are just my opinions, we are all different: I didn't find them drying, in fact, I found them quite soft and creamy to apply. The lipsticks did wear off after I had eaten and drank, but so do most of my other lipsticks to be fair. I didn't find the smell of them horrible or overpowering. They were fairly long lasting.
 
The lipsticks are buildable, The below swatch photo shows only two swipes of the lipsticks. However, you can get a really bright, deep colour from them if you keep layering. Applied over lip balm obviously makes the colours more muted, which is perfect for daytime wear with the more dramatic shades. 

I think Makeup Revolution have a great selection of shades in this collection, there is a colour to suit everyone and every occasion. I also think that if you wanted to try a certain colour for the first time, such as red, this would be a great way of doing so, as if you decided the colour red wasn't for you, then you wouldn't necessarily begrudge paying just £1.00. On the same note if you are on a tight budget you can still wear on trend shades without breaking the bank!
 
My opinion on the shades I have:

The shade Nude doesn't suit me at all. I tend to wear a more browny nude, this is more orangey. However, if I mix it with Rimmels Lipstick in 'Asia' I can wear it.

Enchant is such a pretty colour. One swipe looks great when I pair it with dramatic Smokey eyes, it compliments the look perfectly without it being too overpowering. I also like to wear this lipstick with a bronze eye or just mascara. It's lovely for spring and summer.
 
My favourite out of the four shades that I have is Scandalous Depraved. I wear it over lip balm in the day for a hint of purple and if I go out (which is RARE due to my anxiety) I build up the colour for a show-stopping violet colour.
 
The red shade Lady is quite a pinky red on me which again is buildable. It's the perfect shade for me as I don't suit darker reds (even though I still buy them!)

 
 
For £1.00 each I would give them a 10/10

You can buy these shades here:
 
Nude - Buy Here
Enchant - Buy Here
Scandalous Depraved - Buy Here
Lady - Buy Here
 
Love, Roar Dinosaur x
Contact: roardinosaurblog@outlook.com

Twitter: @roardinosaur_


No comments:

Post a Comment