About Me & Disclaimer

Sunday, 30 October 2016

BH cosmetics 120 eyeshadow palette 1st edition - Review

Hi all,

Firstly I want to say two things:

1. Sorry for not posting this week. My anxiety and depression have been really bad. Whenever I came to write a blog post, I either couldn't concentrate or I would doubt myself.
2. The photos that accompany this blog post are AWFUL I know, they are only temporary until I get some batteries and a new SD card for my camera.

Okay, on with the blog post...

Today I am reviewing one of my favourite palettes for you. The bh Cosmetics 120 palette 1st Edition. (Woah, that's a mouthful!)


There is a colour, shade and look for EVERYONE in this palette. There is such a huge variety of colours, From muted pastels like pale yellows and greens to bold colours like red and black which are seriously pigmented. At first, I went back and forth over my decision to get this palette as I thought, I am never going to use all these colours! But it's good to have such a wide range of colours and such a versatile palette in your makeup collection. Like I said there is a look waiting to be created inside this palette for everyone, every holiday, fancy dress party and vacation etc.

I also love that the palette is fairly light weight and folds down flat, it's the perfect size to pop into your suitcase and take away with you. It is a very sturdy plastic box which clicks shut. The eyeshadows themselves are on two trays. One tray stacks on top of the other.


The eyeshadows themselves consist of mattes, pastels and shimmers. There are a few colours that really do need to be layered to show pigmentation and are a bit chalky but for the most part, this palette doesn't disappoint. I personally like the fact that there are paler shades that need layering and also super pigmented shades, it adds variety. I found most colours blended well too. I do recommend wearing the colours over a white eyeshadow base to get that ultimate pop of colour and for longer lasting wear. There is also a great shimmery eyeshadow that could double up as a highlight as well, which I have used when I wanted to add some sheen. This palette does include a medium sized mirror which is good and always a welcome bonus.

I think this palette would also be great if you were just starting to experiment with makeup, as you would be able to find what look best suits you, without buying loads of palettes and find your style among the large variety of colours. I thought back to when I was younger and did competitive dancing, this palette would have been a godsend as I could have created so many looks with this to match the crazy outfits I had to wear! So if you are in the entertainment industry this palette could be a great find for you. 


I did notice that a couple of colours such as the purples and pinks did stain my eyelids a little -even with an eyeshadow base, once I had removed the makeup. This personally doesn't bother me but it might bother some people.

The price is amazing for the sheer amount of eyeshadows and quality you get. I have left a link for you to buy one: Get yours HERE however, do look around as I have seen it even cheaper than that. (Just make sure you are getting a genuine palette!)

There are so many colours I've yet to try, but with Halloween, Christmas and New years eve fast approaching, I'm sure I will be able to create some bold and beautiful looks!

Do you have this palette? What's your favourite colour in it? Tell me below.

Love Roar Dinosaur! x
Twitter: roardinosaur_
Follow me on bloglovin over on the side bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment