About Me & Disclaimer

Thursday, 20 October 2016

My 90's Nostalgia list!

Hi all,
 
I loved the 1990's and in the last couple of years, there has been a bit of a 90's revival, which I am so glad about, as I loved everything about it. I was an 80's baby, but all my childhood memories are from the 90's.
 
Here are 15 memories that made it to my 90's nostalgia list:
 
 
For those eagle-eyed Tamagotchi fans (I know they exist!) I know these aren't the original 90's Tamagotchi's!
 


1.) Tattoo chokers. Who didn't have one of these?! I remember all my friends had them in black and mine was in blue. I was a bit miffed by that! (I have one in black now!)

2.) Those colourful jelly bracelets. How we would pile them up our arms! The more you had the more playground respect you got. There were also the bracelets that had the liquid and glitter inside too, for some reason they fascinated me!

3.) All I need to say is: Did you wear Coffee Shimmer or Heather Shimmer? I wore Heather Shimmer. (It was my mums!)

4.) I loved how much more casual everyone looked. Makeup, hair and fashion were much simpler and I don't think people felt as pressured to look a certain way. Speaking of the fashion, I loved my Adidas trousers SO much, I remember being over the moon when my Parents bought me a black and a blue pair!

5.) I wholeheartedly believe Kids TV programs were Waaaay better in the 90's! I mean we had: Recess, SM:TV Live, Sabrina the teenage witch, The Moomins, Zzzap, Get your own back, Arthur, Fun House, Pokémon, Bernard's watch, Round the twist, Rugrats, Power Rangers, The Simpsons, The Fresh Prince of Bel Air, Hey Arnold and so much more! I remember watching the Royal Family too.

6.) The music: Oasis, Blur, The Verve, The Spice Girls, S Club 7, Hanson, Vengaboys, Destiny's child, No Doubt, Hole, Nirvana, Alanis Morissette...
 
 

 
7.)  Tamagotchis! I loved mine so much. I literally played with it until it fell apart. -Sad times!

8.) Pokémon! Not the new phone app Pokémon, but good old trading cards and Gameboy Pokémon!

9.) Simpler times: Although I love how far technology has come and I admit I'd be kind of lost if social media and the internet was taken away from me now, I am glad that I had a childhood without it! It seems like there were more children playing outside back them.

10.) I was happy all of the time. Life was great and I even loved school in the 90's, it was always fun. (However, I hated high school!)

11.) Huge brick-sized mobile phones! I remember my Dad got a new mobile phone and gave me his old one to play with, I took it into school and everyone was amazed!

12.) Gel pens. Again, like the bracelets, the more you had the more respect you got. I only had two I think...says it all really!

13.) Free Toys! You'd find them everywhere, in cereal, Happy Meals, crisps (Pogs!)

14.) Teen films like: Clueless, 10 things I hate about you, Never been kissed, American Pie, The Craft. I loved them all!
 
15.) Kids Toys (I know I have already named a few) Among my favourites were: My Power Ranger figures, Etch a Sketch, Pokémon figures, Barbie's, Sindy's, Beanie Babies, Yo Yo's, Trolls, Care Bears, My Little Pony, Polly Pockets, Pound Puppies, Slinkys and of course the Furby.
 
What did you love about the 90's? Tell me in the comments.
 
Love, Roar Dinosaur!
Twitter: roardinosaur_

6 comments:

  1. I love reading other people's posts about the 90s since I enjoy writing them myself. As you, I had the best childhood in the 90s and I really miss those days. I often listen to 90s music, I Watch movies from then and also still have lots of the toys. And yes, sometimes crazy old me re-buys them on Ebay. I often feel sad for kids today because they will never experience any of it. Growing up today is just so different. I'm glad we didn't have all the technology. I still enjoy playing Gameboy though and Super Nintendo and PS1. The 90s just had great artists, fun toys and I admit terrible style but I wouldn't want it any other way. Loved reading your list. 90s kids are the best people. :)

    XX Hailey - www.haileyjaderyan.com // www.instagram.com/haileyjaderyan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE this comment, thank you very much for reading and for leaving a brill comment. Great to meet another 90's lover!! Xx

      Delete
  2. Such a blast from the past! I had so much fun reading this - great post! Carla x

    https://makemeupinside.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much lovely! Thanks for reading and leaving a comment! x

      Delete
  3. Yesss! This list nails so many of my favorite things about the 90s. That photo really says it all: Buffy and Clueless are the best!

    I was also a huge fan of Sailor Moon.

    Glad I saw you on the #latenightbloggers chat!

    <3!
    Emily
    emilyhallock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay a fellow 90's lover! Glad to meet you on the chat too. Thank you for your comment. Will check your blog out now lovely!

      x

      Delete