About Me & Disclaimer

Monday, 10 October 2016

My First Month Blogging

Hi all,
 
It's been one month today since I plucked up the courage to hit that Publish button on my first post for this blog. I was so worried I would find the prospect of regular blogging stressful like I have in the past, instead, I have enjoyed it far more than I ever thought I would! Like I said in my first post, previously I hadn't actually read a lot of other beauty blogs, so I didn't know what to expect. I just knew I wanted to start a blog talking about makeup and life. I'd been wanting to do it for so long and I am glad I finally did.


Here are my thoughts for the first month of blogging:
 
1)There is a magazine!!
Twitter suggested Blogosphere to me and I was beyond excited to discover an actual blogging magazine. I asked my Husband to have a look for it the next time he went out. He came back with the last issue (Issue 9) which isn't actually the latest one, but I am so glad it was still in the shop as I have that issue and I've since gotten my hands on the new one too! I would say this is the best value for money magazine I have ever gotten. it is PACKED with tips, blogger profiles and articles. I am in love. It makes me want to be a better a blogger.
 
2)Twitter Chats.
I have taken part in quite a few blogging Twitter chats now and they have been fascinating, beneficial, hilarious and wonderful all rolled into one. I have discovered amazing bloggers through it and taking part is something I always look forward too. It's also nice to get to know the people behind the blogs.
 
3)Community
There is a real sense of community in the blogging world. I haven't had the chance to make any firm friends yet -it's been a month, give me time! Some people tend to think all bloggers are the same, but that is simply not true, behind those blogs are real people with real lives, having real experiences. I've chatted with so may inspirational bloggers during Twitter chats, who want to make a difference through their blog. I am looking forward to getting to know everyone better.
 
4)Future Plans
This last month has been incredibly hard. My depression and anxiety have skyrocketed and I have had a lot of stress in my work life. However this blog has really helped me, it's been my companion, given me something to look forward too and it's been a creative outlet. It's a place that is just mine. Nothing is expected of me here, it's just me!

Looking to the future, I want to create better content, improve my punctuation and grammar (there is a reason I am terrible at it, I promise) Dig out my SLR and get to grips with it again, and to post more often. I'd also like to write posts about Mental Health as well. I have no expectations for this blog other than to have fun and make it better!
 
Thank you to my fellow bloggers who have been kind enough to welcome me into your community and make my month easier than it could have been.

Love, Roar Dinosaur!
Contact: roardinosaurblog@outlook.com
Twitter: roardinosaur_
 

No comments:

Post a Comment