About Me & Disclaimer

Sunday, 16 October 2016

Rimmel London Sculpting Palette by Kate Review

 
Hi, Everyone!
 
Can you believe we're halfway through October already?! Crazy!
 
Today I am reviewing the Rimmel London Sculpting Palette by Kate. This was quite a hit and miss product for me. I have heard great things about it, but personally, I found it didn't totally live up to the hype. While I do like it, there was also quite a few things about it that I didn't like.
 
I love the look of the palette. It's aesthetically pleasing to look at. I like the fact you can see the shades through the packaging so you know exactly what you're getting. On the reverse side, there is a handy diagram which shows you where to apply the highlighter, contour and blush. Which I think is great if you aren't too sure.
 
I have the 002 Coral Glow palette. I have read some reviews that say that the reviewer found it very pigmented, but unfortunately for me it mostly wasn't. I found the highlighter very disappointing. I mean, I don't want it to look blinding or radioactive but I do want some pigment there! I had to go over the same area quite a lot of times. The contour, I found to be more like bronzer as it has bits of shimmer in it, I think I would have liked it more if it had been matte, but I can work with that a lot better than the highlighter. The blush I thought was the best thing about this palette. It's a very nice shade and I found it very pigmented. I think it suits my skin tone.
 
 Something else I didn't like was that my brushes would drag in the products either side of the powder I was using. so I would pick up highlighter and blush on my brush if I was using the contour! But that's just me being super picky!
 
I know it sounds like I don't like this palette, but I do. I know I will get some use out of it. When I don't want a super made up look and I want to be more 'natural' I will reach for this. I didn't dislike the Rimmel London Sculpting Palette, I just found it slightly disappointing, as I was so excited to use it!

Get yours Here 
 
 
Love, Roar Dinosaur!
Twitter: roardinosaur_

4 comments:

  1. Great review!
    I like that it's not super highly pigmented, I use it all of the time. my blush brush tended to get some contour on it so i was just extra careful.
    XoJohnnuelynn

    Www.xojohnnielynn.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment :) Yes I think I might use a smaller brush to avoid this! X

      Delete
  2. It's all about making a product work! Even if it doesn't have crazy pigmentation, it's definitely perfect for this natural makeup days like you said :)

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally agree! If I didn't use it then it would be a waste of money as well. I might have to go over the area a few times but like you said its about making a product work! It's actually grown on me even more since I wrote this review! X

      Delete