About Me & Disclaimer

Sunday, 6 November 2016

My Current Skincare Routine...

Hi, Everyone!
As the weather gets colder I start looking after my skin that little bit more. It's oily in the summer, but in winter I get very dry skin. For YEARS I took my makeup off with a baby wipe and then just applied moisturizer, and to be honest this has worked out fine for me. However this year I decided to start looking after my skin, as I am not getting any younger!
To begin my quest I visited Boots, I want to look after my skin but I don't want to spend a lot of money doing it. I came across Boots own range in skin care, The Boots Essentials range. I picked up everything I  thought I needed: PadsFacial Wash, Eye Makeup Remover, Cleansing lotion, Toner,  Moisturiser.
And so far I am finding everything really good. It's all priced at just £1.50 each. Bargain, right?! I've noticed an improvement in my skin since using it. Not that my skin was terrible before, but any breakouts that do occur (normally a couple around that time of the month) don't seem as bad before. And I don't seem to have any dry patches on my skin. It is all scented with the smell of cucumbers, which smells nice and fresh (There is also a scentless range too.)


In the morning I use the facial wash, I then use a little of moisturiser. The facial wash doesn't sting my skin like some do. It also doesn't leave my skin feeling overly tight. It's just a nice gentle wash that wakes you up.
At the end of the day, I take some of the Eye Makeup Remover gel on one of the pads and gently massage my eyelids and under my eyes to remove any makeup I have been wearing. Again, it doesn't sting. I've got to be honest, I did find my baby wipes do remove my eye makeup better, but they do cause underneath my eyes to get a little dry, which is why I am sticking with the eye makeup remover gel! (I might try makeup remover wipes when it runs out though.) 


Then I use the cleansing lotion which I rub in circular motions starting at the bottom of my face working upwards. This is so good at lifting all my makeup off, everything gets brought off really quickly, which is good because I am impatient! I use a pad to get the excess lotion off.


Using yet another pad I then pour a generous amount of toner on it. I rub this all over my face to remove all the lotion and any makeup I've missed. I love using toner it's my favourite part of my skincare routine. It makes my skin feel so awake, clean, cool and refreshed. I also use the Nivea Toner, I alternate the two.


Once this is dried I use the moisturiser. The day I went to Boots, I couldn't get the cucumber fragrance one to match the rest of my purchases, so I got the fragrance free one. It's very rich and does just the job! A little goes a long way.



I have few moisturisers that I use, I take turns with them: The Boots Essentials -obviously! Nivea Day Cream -I have a review for this HERE and Simple Day Cream.

What skin care products do you enjoy using?

I am on the look out for a good facial scrub without Plastic Microbeads in it. So if you know of any, please let me know below!

Love, Roar Dinosaur!

Contact: roardinosaurblog@outlook.com
Twitter: @roardinosaur_
Instagram: @roardinosaurblog
Follow me on bloglovin over on the side bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment