About Me & Disclaimer

Thursday, 3 November 2016

October 2016 Favourites!

Hi, Everyone!

This is my first ever 'Favourites' blog post.

Wow, October flew by! From October through to the end of December is my favourite time of year. Autumn and winter are beautiful seasons, I love the smells, falling leaves and just the excitement of this time of year. There is so much to look forward too.

Here are a few of my fave things from last month:
 
Barry M Lipstick:

Okay, so this month I spent a small fortune on makeup. A favourite purchase of mine was a Barry M lipstick.
I have been looking for a perfect nude shade of lipstick for years! Perhaps since I was about 15. I have now called off the search, I have found it for a mere £4.99 by Barry M.

The shade is Truffle Shuffle from the Satin Super Slick Lip Paint range. The packaging is very sleek and classy, the lipstick tube is in a gun metal.

The consistency is gorgeous and creamy. It left my lips feeling very moisturised, this is probably down to the Shea Butter & Vitamin E. The pigmentation is great and my shade is buildable. I love it!

 
Buy one HERE
 
 Sleek Mini Matte Me Collection:
 
These were £5 -can you believe that?! I saw them on the way out of Boots and had to go back and buy them. I think it's a gift set intended for Christmas, so if you've set yourself a tight budget for this Christmas then this might be a great gift idea. You get 4 matte liquid lipsticks in a mini size. (However, they're still a good size.)
 
The shades are: Rioja Red, Velvet Slipper, Birthday Suit (my favourite!) and Old Hollywood.
 
Perfect shades for this time of year I am sure you'll agree. These are my first matte liquid lipsticks, I can't deal with dry lips so I am not sure how I'll fair with these, but I do like them.
 
   
 
Buy yours HERE

Real Techniques Brushes:

I have wanted these brushes for ages! I got two Bold Metal Collection brushes: Flat Contour and the Tapered Shadow. I also got the Real Techniques Sculpting Brush -which I actually use to apply my liquid foundation. I am sure you don't need me to tell you that these brushes are amazing quality and they're so pretty too!
 
 

Real Techniques Sculpting Brush HERE
Flat Contour HERE
Tapered Shadow HERE

Halloween:
 
Of course, Halloween had to be on the list! I didn't go to a party, I just decorated our house, ate some lovely food and watched films. I love Halloween, it's such a fun time of year and always takes me back to my childhood. So here are a couple of photos:

 
 
 This cupcake was gorgeous!! Yum!
 
 
Ok so that was my October, how was yours? Comment below.
 
 
Love Roar Dinosaur! x
Twitter: roardinosaur_
Follow me on bloglovin over on the side bar!
 
Just as a little note: I have an Instagram account now: HERE @roardinosaurblog There is not a lot on there at the moment, but I am hoping to start using my good camera soon (I need batteries and a new SD card and I keep forgetting!) It would mean a lot if you'd come over and say hello!

2 comments:

  1. Real techniques has so many great brushes! I haven't tried any from their metals line but it looks like I have to. The packaging is so sleek! Speaking of sleek ;) that lippie set you got has so many pretty colors!

    Mili | Sharmtoaster

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment lovely! The brushes are gorgeous, I spent ages deciding because they're quite pricey, but they've ended up being worth it! I know right! I am love with them, I just hope I can apply them properly, I had a go earlier and it didn't go well! I'm not used to liquid lipsticks! x

      Delete