About Me & Disclaimer

Saturday, 10 December 2016

Blogmas Day 10: A look back at my 2016



Hi Everyone,

As we near the end of the year I thought it would be fun to look back at my 2016.

I started the year promising that I would get out more and put myself into situations that might be uncomfortable, but would ultimately help build my confidence. I started going out to local craft nights and managed quite a few this year. I also made a few friends. I'd like to say that going has gotten easier each time I go, but it hasn't. I'm still riddled with anxiety every time I go and I am still as awkward as the first night I went, but I am glad I go.

My depression is always there but got worse starting in April and never really eased until very recently, were talking the last couple of weeks. I get stressed extremely easily because of my depression and there have been a few things this year that have tipped me over the edge, including work, family members being poorly, changes in routine etc. There have been times when I wondered whether I would have to go back to the Drs for a medication review and although I enjoyed my recent trip to wales, I had a couple of extremely low moments which included very dark thoughts. Thankfully things are looking up again, I am hoping it doesn't rear it's head again in time for Christmas.

Work has been a rollercoaster this year, with both highs and lows. During the summertime, work combined with my depression was awful. I had to talk to my boss about lightening the workload. Next year I am looking to setting up an Etsy shop to sell my artwork. I would like to do more work for myself as there are fewer pressure and deadlines.



As we neared the Autumn, September to be exact, I started this Blog. Undoubtedly the highlight of my year. It was there for me on my darkest days and it was a happy distraction. I would log in and it felt like home. Again, like going out to my craft nights, it put me out of my comfort zone and made me talk to other people, for example, Twitter chats and people who commented on my Blog. Although I am not physically going out, I am still putting myself out there, although I am an anonymous blogger, I still sometimes struggle with how much I share.

I had a great holiday last month. Wales gave me a week to pause and reflect on everything that's happened this year. It also gave me a chance to make future plans, eg: the Etsy shop I mentioned earlier. My Husband and I have plans to go to Wales next year so that's something to look forward too!

Although nothing super exciting has happened it's been a whirlwind of a year, a real mixed bag of emotions! Does anyone else think this year has gone abnormally fast?

What was your favourite memory from this year?



Love Roar Dinosaur!
Twitter: roardinosaur_
Instagram: roardinosaurblog
Are we following each other on Bloglovin? Check out the side bar!


No comments:

Post a Comment