About Me & Disclaimer

Tuesday, 13 December 2016

Blogmas Day 13: Basic Party Cupcakes

 
Hi All,
 
I am no baker, but I still wanted to take some nice basic cupcakes with me on Christmas day for us all to eat with a cuppa in the evening.
 
I found the recipe on Floras website HERE and did a trial run, which I decided to share on the Blog. The recipe worked a treat and they tasted delicious!
 
 
 Ingredients:
150 g Flora Buttery
150 g Caster Sugar
3 Eggs
150 g Self Raising Flour
10 Cupcake Cases
 
Optional:
115 g Icing Sugar
 
Pre-heat oven to 175c
 
Throw all ingredients except the icing sugar in a bowl and mix until there are no lumps. Simple. Then spoon mixture into the cupcake cases. Pop in the oven for 10-12 mins. (Mine took a little longer but that might just be my oven, I suggest keeping an eye on them until they're golden)
 
Take out of the oven and leave to cool. Now, the recipe on the Flora site suggests using icing sugar, but I opted for chocolate frosting that I bought from Poundland. I piped the icing on top of the cupcakes (which I have never done before and you can tell, but hey, this was a practice run right?!)
I then made them a bit special with silver balls and mini white chocolate stars. They looked very pretty.
 
 
 
These were so quick and simple to make. They'd make a great addition to a Christmas day dessert platter, Christmas/New Years Eve party buffet cakes, or you could take them into work/school for everyone to share!
 
If you make them, be sure to tag me in your photos so I can see them!
 
Love Roar Dinosaur!
Twitter: roardinosaur_
Instagram: roardinosaurblog
Are we following each other on Bloglovin? Check out the side bar!

2 comments:

  1. These look delicious, thank you for sharing! I am so impressed with your blog by the way, keep up the amazing work pretty gal! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete