About Me & Disclaimer

Thursday, 8 December 2016

Blogmas Day 7: My 10 Favourite Things to Watch at Christmas!


 
Edited: First of all apologies this wasn't up yesterday. It was all ready to go and all I had to do was hit publish, but I forgot because I was Christmas shopping. Ooops!
 
Hi All,
 
I don't know about you, but each year at Christmas I look forward to sitting down, getting cosy and watching Christmas films. I thought I would tell you my 10 favourite Christmas films and why I love them!


In no particular order:

1. Gavin & Stacey Christmas Special
I'll never forget when I discovered Gavin & Stacey. I was sitting watching TV with my parents and we were channel surfing when we stumbled upon it. It was the whole of series one repeated. I'd seen the adverts for it and thought it was something I wouldn't really like, but there was nothing else on, so we settled down to watch it.
Within seconds we were laughing our heads off! From that moment on we were hooked. Every character is likeable and most of the humour is dry, like mine and my families. It's one of those shows that you can compare each character to someone you know in real life!
The Christmas special is set after series two (I think) it's a great example of two different families coming together for Christmas, there are arguments, laughter and family traditions.

2. The Nightmare before Christmas
Unlike the rest of the world, I never watched this when I was little! I was an adult when I saw it for the first time. This is without a doubt Tim Burtons most famous film. It combines two of my favourite times of the year, Halloween and Christmas which is an absolute winner of a film for me! It's cute, dark, funny and it has a load of catchy songs too!

3. Four Christmas's
The classic Christmas scenario most couples face each Christmas, who are we spending it with and who do we need to visit. This hilarious film follows a couple on Christmas day who try and please everyone else (except themselves) and visit all their family members and end up finding out things they didn't know about each other. Parts of this have my Husband and I laughing our heads off every time we watch it!

4. Fred Claus
Imagine being Santa Claus' brother? Constantly being compared to someone who is loved around the world and can do no wrong. Well, this film explores what that might be like. This Christmas comedy is about Fred Claus, Santa's brother. A film my Husband introduced me too, I'm glad he did it's really funny.



5. Elf
I have got to admit I didn't like Elf the first time I watched it. It's one of my Husbands favourite Christmas films so when he would get it off the DVD shelf, I would just grin and bear it. However as the Christmas' together have gone by, I actually really like it now. We watched it the other day in fact.

6. Mrs Santa Claus
Although my Husband hates this film, I love it. My Mum would put this on for me at Christmas and I always loved it.

7. Gremlins 1
I have always found this film super cute, even the evil Gremlins are adorable. I am always left wishing I have my own!!

8. The Royal Family 'The New Sofa'
I LOVE the Royal Family and when I watch it I get quite nostalgic and emotional about my childhood. This year will be even more emotional, after the tragic passing of Caroline Aherne this year. In this Christmas special David and Denise host Christmas day at their house. We've previously only ever seen them at Denise's parent's house before this. Although they have big ideas for Christmas day, everything goes wrong and they end up eating crushed carrots and gravy for Christmas dinner!

9. The Royal family Christmas Special (2000)
Another Royal Family Christmas special. (Sorry they're just so damn good!) This episode centres around Baby Davids first birthday and the Royals meeting their son's fiancée's family for the first time. There's quite a big class difference between the families which is both uncomfortable and hilarious.

10.  Rudolph the Movie
I LOVE this film but I don't have a DVD copy yet. Just the memories of the VHS copy my parents got me when I was little. This is a cartoon film all about Rudolph story, and why he became as well known as he is. It's such a cute feel good film.

What is your favourite Christmas film and why? Tell me below!
 
Love Roar Dinosaur!
Twitter: roardinosaur_
Instagram: roardinosaurblog
Are we following each other on Bloglovin? Check out the side bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment