About Me & Disclaimer

Thursday, 8 December 2016

Blogmas Day 8: Christmas Shopping with Anxiety & Mini Makeup Haul

 
 Hi everyone,
 
Yesterday I went Christmas shopping, I was both looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. As I've previously mentioned on my Blog I suffer from depression and anxiety, you can read about it HERE. I don't really venture out of my house unless I have to or I'm feeling brave. If I could have gotten all my Christmas shopping online I would of! 
 
When the alarm went off that morning I had that familiar feeling of sickness and dread in the pit of my stomach. Even though my Husband said we didn't have to go if I felt anxious I knew we did, if we put it off it would be even busier the later in the month we left it.
 
I couldn't manage breakfast but I did manage a cup of tea made by my Hubby. I sat shaking and felt like I couldn't breathe as I attempted my makeup. I put a Youtube video on to try and distract myself. I felt like I was going to cry.
 
The public transport is one of the worst parts of going out for me. I hate being in a small space with lots of people. I always feel like they're judging me and like they're about to hurl insults at me. Thankfully there weren't too many people on the bus for once.
 
When we got to where we were going and got off the bus, I felt a lot better and nowhere near as anxious. This was a bit of a miracle for me and normally my anxiety goes on a lot longer. We decided to go and have a quick breakfast as I hadn't been able to have any. I had toast and my Husband had a full English.
 

 
After we'd had our yummy breakfasts we hit the shops. All of them were decorated for Christmas and looked really pretty. We mostly managed to get everything we needed. I only had one meltdown, my Husband wanted to go to a large shopping centre and I couldn't face it, so I went and had a drink while he went to look at the shops. Thankfully I was ok by myself and read some other people's Blogmas posts on my phone.

 
Everywhere was decorated and pretty for Christmas!
 
I got home and was utterly exhausted, not just from walking around all day, but also from how I'd been feeling. I am counting my blessings, as I could have felt ALOT worse than I did. The sense of pride when I have done these things is always rewarding. I mentally chalk up a 1 by my name and a big fat 0 next to anxiety!
 
 
I bought these goodies for myself yesterday. No doubt I will be giving some of these a review at some point. The Sleek makeup bag was from Superdrug (free when you spend £12 on Sleek products!)
 
Do you suffer from anxiety? If so, how did you find Christmas shopping?
 
Love Roar Dinosaur!
Twitter: roardinosaur_
Instagram: roardinosaurblog
Are we following each other on Bloglovin? Check out the side bar!

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes I think I suffer social anxiety, but I don't feel like this, it is just pressure, but I actually enjoy my time.
    I hope you enjoy your christmas tho.
    http://societyfix.blogspot.com.eg/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry to hear that hon. Thank you for reading and commenting. Thank you! I hope you have a lovely Christmas too xxx

      Delete
  2. I have anxiety too and definitely know how you feel! I really struggle with shopping sometimes and being in busy shopping centres, it's so difficult isn't it? It sounds like you did really well though and well done on getting out there in the first place and even attempting it! :) getting out the house at all can be so hard sometimes x

    Tiffany x www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that you suffer too lovely. Its so horrible. Thank you very much :) I'm quite proud I got it done. I hope you have a lovely Christmas. Thank you for commenting and reading xx

      Delete