About Me & Disclaimer

Sunday, 18 December 2016

Why I Have Finished Blogmas Early!

Hi, Everyone!

If you read my Blog then you've probably noticed my Blogmas ended quite abruptly the other day. I was going to catch up and was manically writing out posts at 4 am, but after missing yet another natural light opportunity today, I sat there and thought that perhaps for this year I am best to bow out early. Believe me the fact I didn't finish will annoy me forever, Really!

I discovered what Blogmas was not long after I started my Blog in September. I made a list of all the content I wanted to include minus 4 days, as I ran out of ideas, but I thought I would figure those posts out as I went along! At the start of December I didn't have much on and was able to write a post out a day in advance and photograph in the daylight, all was good! The challenge came once we got to about halfway through December, I suddenly became a lot busier.
 

 
The biggest issue I had was taking photos each day. I have a wonderful camera, but what I don't have is good lighting. As I said, I started off Blogmas photographing everything in the daylight and it went ok, however as Christmas fast approached and I had less and less time in the day, I wasn't able to photograph until about 4 pm. I didn't want to use the dreaded flash and I also didn't want to not include any photos at all. So instead of getting stressed I've finished early.

I think what the experience has taught me is that I need to plan waaay in advance next year. And although I know I don't NEED to get a softbox and ring light to be able to blog, I actually want them. My house is kind of dark in the winter and I am just not able to get the photos I really want, so if I have the right lighting perhaps that will help! So any Christmas money I am lucky enough to get this year will be going towards that.
 
Although like I said not finishing Blogmas 2016 will annoy me, as I like to finish what I start, I have learned from it. And I have had a lot of fun putting the posts together. I also have lots of ideas left over for Blogmas 2017!

This will most likely be my last post of the year, as I am currently getting an office space ready to blog and illustrate in. This blog has undoubtedly been the highlight of my year. Thank you to everyone who has read my posts, commented and followed. Here's to a great 2017!
 
 
Love Roar Dinosaur!
Twitter: roardinosaur_
Instagram: roardinosaurblog
Are we following each other on Bloglovin? Check out the side bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment