About Me & Disclaimer

Saturday, 21 January 2017

Basic Homemade Chocolate Biscuits

Hi Everyone!
 
 
After the fun I had making the Basic Party Cupcakes for Blogmas - the post is HERE. I thought I would feature another super basic recipe today. These are even easier than the cupcakes! I honestly can't remember where I got the recipe for these from, I think it was from a magazine about 10 years ago but I'm not sure. I just want to add, I don't bake lots of in depth recipes, hence why these are Basic!


 
Who doesn't love biscuits? Ok, maybe there's a few of you, but most people like a biscuit! These would look super cute accompanying cups of tea for guests.
 
You can leave them plain, but they do taste even nicer decorated with chocolate!
 
* If you are a seasoned baker, then these are probably waaaay to easy for you, so you may want to just skip this post!
 
You will need
 
100g butter
50g caster sugar
175g self-raising flour (I know plain flour makes more sense but I tried plain flour to see if it makes a difference and I didn't find them as nice!)
A cookie cutter
rolling pin
chocolate
line a tray with Greased baking sheet
 
Makes about 15
Preheat oven to 230 C
 
Mix together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. The way to tell is that the mixture will go a slightly lighter yellow.
 
Add flour, then it's time to roll your sleeves up and get your hands dirty! (The worst part for me!) Use your hands to form the mixture into a dough. It might seem like it's never going to come together, but it will!
 
Place your dough onto a floured surface and roll it out. Then time for the fun bit, using your cookie cutter! I make my biscuit a good few centimetres thick, as they then have a soft spongy centre. Place your shapes onto the lined tray and pop them in the oven.
 
Now, ovens vary, so mine could be different to yours. Mine are done in about 10 mins, yours might take a little longer. Once your biscuits are golden and slightly firm they are ready. Take them out and let them cool.
 
You can eat these as they are or you can melt some chocolate and add this to the tops like I have (They are nicer with a little chocolate on top!) I've also added sprinkles to make them prettier!


 
 
And there you go, super simple biscuits! If you make these, then let me know, I'd love to see.
 
Love Roar Dinosaur!
 
Twitter: roardinosaur_
Instagram: roardinosaurblog
Are we following each other on Bloglovin? Check out the side bar!
 
 
 
 

12 comments:

  1. These look incredible -- now I'm tempted to have an early lunch! The chocolate on top makes them irresistible to me ;). I'll have to give these a try. It's been ages since I've baked, so a simply recipe is just the ticket!

    xoxo
    Emily
    emilyhallock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe! Thank you! Yes the chocolate is the best bit :) it's a good recipe when you just want something quick and simple xxx

      Delete
  2. I love baking just simple biscuits, these look so yummy. Makes me want to bake now!

    Tiffany x www.foodandotherloves.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Glad you think they look yummy. They were rather nice :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Mmm who doesn't love a good cookie. My mom baked a batch of chocolate chip a few days ago. Phew, I was in swoon city over them! Your's look totes yum - especially with the frosting and sprinkles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I LOVE chocolate chip! I haven't had any for so long. Thank you for reading and commenting lovely xxx

      Delete
  4. These look so good! Making me crave some chocolate now lol. Will definitely give this recipe a try!

    www.astoldbykirsty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww Thank you so much hon :) Oooh let me know if you do give them a try xxx

      Delete
  5. I'm trying this recipe! :)

    S .x ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thank you. Let me know if you do give the recipe a try xxx

      Delete
  6. These are adorable and look delicious! I'm going to have to try this! (:

    Single Vegas Girl
    http://singlevegasgirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Let me know on twitter if you do lovely xxx

      Delete