About Me & Disclaimer

Friday, 13 January 2017

Being an Anonymous Blogger

Hi, Everyone!

I haven't been able to publish as many blog posts this month as I had planned, which is annoying, I feel like I have a million and one things to do, but I'm not really getting anything done! Does anyone else ever feel like this?

It's currently nearly 3:30 am and it's snowing outside (hopefully, it sticks!) I've decided to write a post I've been meaning to write for a while, all about being an anonymous blogger.

Although I completely understand that people who visit your blog and read your content want to see a photo of the person behind the laptop screen, so they can get to know you, it's worth remembering that just like there are bloggers who don't have a problem posting photos of their face, there are also a few of us who kind of do have a problem with it.



I can only speak for myself here, but being an anonymous blogger doesn't mean I am being anti-social or trying to appear mysterious, I just don't want my face on the internet. Even my Facebook profile pic doesn't feature my face! It has nothing to do with being ashamed of being a blogger either. My family and Husband know and if anyone asked me, I'd have no problem with telling them that I blog.

I guess being anonymous makes me feel safe. There are people from my present and past that I would rather not read about say, my mental health and plans for the future. Also, I'll be completely honest here, I am quite insecure about my looks and we all know the internet can be a horrible place. In order for me to be able to blog, I need to feel comfortable in doing so.

So please spare a thought the next time you might question not seeing a bloggers photo, there may be a legit reason why they want to be anonymous.

I am sure that you'll get to me in time anyway, without seeing my face!

Are you an anonymous blogger? Tell me below!

Love Roar Dinosaur!

Contact: roardinosaurblog@outlook.com
Twitter: roardinosaur_
Instagram: roardinosaurblog
Are we following each other on Bloglovin? Check out the side bar!

7 comments:

  1. When I first started blogging, I was anonymous. Reasons for, I didn't really understand what I was getting involved with. But as the years have gone on, I have unearthed that bit more of myself, however I have my boundaries as to how much I post online.

    Personally, I see no issue with it. It is YOUR blog after all, and if that's what you're comfortable with, then that's cool :).

    www.cassiemaie.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely! I totally agree, we should all be able to post what we want on our own blogs. x

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed reading your post! I agree your blog should be whatever you're comfortable with! It's scary putting yourself out there isn't it. I've blogged anonymously for two years and only just decided to show myself a bit more now. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) That takes guts to step in front of the camera after being anonymous for two years! Love your blog btw x

      Delete
  3. Totally understand, I was in the same situation a while ago. I kept blogging but I felt no need to talk about me and post my pictures. Only few weeks ago I've decided to come out and show my face on the internet :)

    xx
    mrs-sarcastic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for commenting! Maybe one day I'll feel brave enough to show my face too. There's more of us anonymous bloggers than I thought! x

      Delete
  4. I don't think there's anything wrong with being anonymous. Do what works for you!

    ReplyDelete