About Me & Disclaimer

Sunday, 29 January 2017

Jeffree Star Lip Ammunition Review

Hi Everyone,
* Disclaimer: I know some people don't like Jeffree Star, if so then maybe this review isn't for you, sorry. x

Can you believe it's nearly the end of January already? I can't, it doesn't seem two minutes since it was Halloween, then Christmas! I haven't posted as much as I would of liked this month, but we are nearly finished my office and were painting in there tomorrow, so I will finally be able to take all the photos and write all the blog posts I want. I wanted to do this review on Wednesday, but the lipstick wasn't here yet so I couldn't. It's here now though so lets get on with it!

I love watching Youtube videos and I always really enjoy Jeffree Stars content. I appreciate his creativity and his honest, no-nonsense reviews. I've always wanted to try one of his products, but I assumed because I live in the UK I wouldn't be able to without a huge customs charge. I discovered BeautyBay not long ago and now I have a wishlist as long as my arm. I can finally get products I've always wanted to try! I found Beauty Bay very good, my lipstick was £16 and included free delivery, I will definitely be ordering from them again.
As soon as I saw that Jeffree was bringing out lipsticks I knew I would have to get one, and when I saw the shade Celebrity Skin was one of them, I knew the makeup Gods had intervened and it was fate! I am always going to pick a lipstick over any brand of liquid lipstick (even though I am starting to get into liquid lipsticks now that I can apply them more easily!)

I was so excited when my order arrived. It came in the box pictured below and includes the shade name and the ingredients. I think it's worth mentioning that Jeffree's products are Vegan and cruelty-free.


It was love at first sight! The lipstick packaging itself is really nice. It's exactly what I'd expect from Jeffree Star. It's loud, in your face and vibrant. It's supposed to look like a hot pink bullet! I've seen mixed reactions to the packaging, but I really like it. You are definitely going to get a reaction if you take this out of your bag on a night out! The packaging is a statement in itself.

 
Celebrity Skin was first bought out as part of Jeffree's liquid lipstick range, which I don't have yet. It is a gorgeous brown nude or as I call it a classic 90's nude! If you were a child in the 90's you'll know what I mean! The colour is gorgeous it's the type of shade that I always go for because it really goes with anything.
 


The colour glides onto the lips and is very comfortable and smooth to wear. It has a lovely satin finish. It's always advisable to use a lip scrub beforehand though as these types of lipsticks will cling onto dry chapped lips. I didn't really notice much of a scent with mine, which I actually prefer as I do get headaches. As always I like to really test out things if I am doing a review. I ate and drank while wearing this and kept checking my lipstick and not much changed. It is incredibly long lasting and very pigmented. One swipe gives you instant coverage, but it is buildable. So you can build it into a darker nude if you wish.

^ This was about two swipes ^
 
Is it worth the money?

For me yes. I won't be buying the full collection, as I don't have the funds, but as a treat for yourself or a gift for someone, I think this is worth the money. I would 100% repurchase this.
 
You can find the full Jeffree Star range Here on Beauty Bay if you are interested.
 
What lipsticks are you rocking at the moment?
 
Love Roar Dinosaur!

Twitter: roardinosaur_
Instagram: roardinosaurblog
Are we following each other on Bloglovin? Check out the side bar!

2 comments:

  1. This really is the perfect neutral lip color! I've not tried Jeffree Star yet, though I've only seen positive reviews! If you get any of the liquid lipstick, I'd love to hear your thoughts. I destroy regular lipstick as soon as I sit down to my morning coffee at work!

    can
    Emily
    emilyhallock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reading and commenting! Yes if I get a liquid lipstick I'll be sure to do a review! I agree its the perfect neutral lip colour! That's usually the same for me too, I have some that wear off straight away! xx

    ReplyDelete