About Me & Disclaimer

Saturday, 7 January 2017

What I Wish I Could Tell My Younger Self...

 
    Hi, Everyone!


    I don't know what's wrong with me today but I am feeling quite nostalgic. I am nearing 30 and I've been thinking about how different I used to be when I was younger, I was literally another person.

    It got me thinking, imagine if we could travel into the past and sit down with our younger selves at different stages in our lives and give ourselves some advice. Would things turn out differently?
     
    A walk into the past...

    • I would tell myself to save money. I would sit 18 year old me down and tell me that I need to save money instead of spending it on things I don't really need. I mean, did I need that many bags and shoes, really?


    • I'd go back to 12 year old me and say 'Girl put down the tweezers! Do not pluck your eyebrows. They're thin in the future because you over plucked them for years and thick eyebrows are a thing in the future. Yes really, don't look at me like that!'

    • I'd go back to my early 20's when I joined Facebook, and tell myself that I do not need to put every single thing that pops into my head as a status. When I look back it's so embarrassing the sort of status' I would write! I barely sign in now!

    • When I first got together with my now Husband and left school we went out a lot and ate A LOT of junk! It was our first taste of freedom and we would eat so much rubbish. I would tell myself to make healthier food choices and keep going to the gym because in the future I am going to be overweight.

    •  I'd tell myself to visit more places as later in life my anxiety is that bad that I barely go any ware.

    • I would go back to 2015 when I previously tried blogging (The first Roar Dinosaur!) I would tell myself not to get too stressed and delete my blog. If I'd persisted then I wouldn't have had to start from fresh over a year later!

    • I would tell myself to go to the Doctor years earlier than I did about my depression. If I'd gone on medication earlier than I did it would have saved me and those around me a lot of hassle.

    • I'd visit teenage me and tell myself to not hate the way I looked.

    • I would also tell teenage me not to worry so much about grades, in my case, it really hasn't mattered. I never went to university and I managed to get my dream job.

    •Above all, I would tell myself to enjoy life more and not be as angry at the world!
      There are other more personal things of course, but these are the things I felt comfortable sharing.
     
    What would you tell your younger self?
    Love Roar Dinosaur!

    Twitter: roardinosaur_
    Instagram: roardinosaurblog
    Are we following each other on Bloglovin? Check out the side bar!

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't help but notice you wrote you have been dealing with depression, I have to. I wrote an article about it if you are interested. http://mihabalan.com/2017/01/07/how-to-overcome-depression/. I would tell myself so many things but lately I try not to get angry with me about the mistakes I did in the past but focus on the future. Even tough some days, doesn't work that well. Have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I am so sorry you suffer with depression too, I will definitely go and read your article now, thank you for the link! I hope 2017 is a good year for you x

      Delete