About Me & Disclaimer

Sunday, 9 April 2017

Contouring pale skin? - NYX High Definition Blush in Taupe Review

Hi Everyone,
 
Ever since I began contouring I've longed for a more grey-brown contour that would look more natural than muddy on my super pale face. I started using the BarryM Chisel Cheeks Contour Kit which was better than what I was using before, and although I would still use this if I was going somewhere special and therefore rocking a heavier makeup look, I'm finding it's still a bit too dark for daily wear.

I decided to use good old google and searched for 'Good contour for pale skin' and I found a lot of people raving about the NYX High Definition Blush in Taupe to contour pale skin. I thought I would try yet another contour shade that I suspected would yet again be too dark for me, but I was pleasantly surprised and very happy with the results.
 
 

Taupe is more of a grey-brown with a cool undertone, which suits my skin tone perfectly. I only need to dab my brush into it once to give me sculpted cheekbones that aren't muddy or orange, yay! I have read some reviews that said that this powder was chalky and patchy. Mine wasn't, and I found it blended really well on me. Like I said I only use one dab on my brush and I knock the excess off, if you were to use more it might have the potential to be too dark and difficult to blend. I guess it's just personal preference. But for me, the contour search is finally over and it costs a mere £6.00. If you're pale like me, I highly recommend trying this shade.

 
I got mine from Boots (Just remember to pick the right shade on the website as I'm not sure if Taupe comes up automatically on this link) HERE
 
Have you tried this shade and did it work for you? If not what do you use? Tell me below!
 
Love Roar Dinosaur!
 
Contact: roardinosaurblog@outlook.com
Twitter: @roardinosaur_
Instagram: @roardinosaurblog
Are we following each other on Bloglovin? Check out the side bar!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment