About Me & Disclaimer

Wednesday, 12 April 2017

Spending time with yourself

Hi, Everyone!
 
It's no secret that I don't have many friends. That's partly due to my anxiety and depression which stops me having any sort of social life and it's partly choice. When I was in my early twenties I resented my mental health for not being able to go out, but I had the realisation recently that I actually enjoy my own company.

 
I had lots of friends when I was younger but I was at my happiest when I was alone playing imaginary games with my toys. When I am alone I'm unapologetically selfish and I can truly be myself. I don't need to impress anyone or make anyone happy. I am most comfortable in my own company.
 
Often people who don't have many friends are called 'loners' but I would rather be a 'loner' than go out. Don't get me wrong I adore spending time with my Husband and close family, they are some of the few people whom I don't mind being around! However, if I didn't have 'me' time I'd be climbing the walls. I have a very busy mind and when I am alone, I have no distractions and I can let my creativity flow and channel that into artwork or my blog, or just chill!


 
While I am not recommending you be as extreme as me, I am practically a hermit. (Although I do have a few things planned for this April where I have to actually leave the house!) I do recommend you take some time just for you occasionally. It can help quieten your mind at the end of the day and help you process your thoughts. It's time to reconnect with ourselves again. We spend so much time focusing on relationships and friendships, which while I agree is important, remember your relationship with yourself is equally as important. We go on date night and nights out with friends but do we have enough date nights with ourselves?
 
It's good to take that time to de-stress, be alone and check in with yourself, even if it's just half an hour once a week if you have a busy household. Why not give it a try!



Do you enjoy spending time alone or do you prefer being with other people? Let me know below!

Love Roar Dinosaur!

Contact: roardinosaurblog@outlook.com
Twitter: @roardinosaur_
Instagram: @roardinosaurblog
Are we following each other on Bloglovin? Check out the side bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment