About Me & Disclaimer

Tuesday, 18 April 2017

The Italian's One-Night Baby book review

* Today I am reviewing the Mills & Boon book 'The Italian's One-Night Baby' by Lynne Graham.
 
 
 
This book is the second in a series about three sisters whose mother passes away and they each get left an envelope with a ring and the name of their possible fathers. The name of Ellie's possible father takes her to Italy and to Beppe.
 
Beppe turns out to be God-Father to the wealthy Rio, who Ellie had a previous awkward encounter with at her sisters wedding a couple of years earlier. This encounter results in the two hating each other with a passion but being very attracted to each other at the same time. When Rio finds out Ellie is having secret meetings with Beppe he fears Ellie is after Beppe's money and he has it out with Ellie.
 
This heated exchange results in the two sleeping together without protection. When finding out Beppe is, in fact, Ellie's father, Rio and Ellie decide to get married in case Ellie is pregnant.
 
The two seemingly still hate each other when they get married. After finding out Ellie is pregnant the two decide to give marriage their best shot as neither had a conventional childhood and they want a proper family for their baby. They eventually start to bond but are given one last hurdle to overcome when Beppe falls ill and they run into Rio's ex at the hospital...
 
I enjoyed this book, it was entertaining and I read it in two sittings. I liked Ellie and I found Beppe absolutely adorable but I just couldn't warm to Rio at all, he made for uncomfortable reading at times as he was controlling and had a foul temper. I also didn't really understand why they rushed into marriage when they disliked each other, weren't together and didn't know for sure if Ellie was pregnant. They seemed so sure that Ellie was pregnant as soon as they'd had sex.
 
I really enjoyed Lynne Graham's writing style and I am keen to read the other books in this series as I liked Ellie and her sister and am curious about the third sister who they don't know yet.

I would recommend this book and you can buy a copy for yourself Here
 
* As a Mills and Boon insider I was sent this book in an exchange for an honest review, however, this didn't influence my opinion in anyway

Love Roar Dinosaur!
 
Contact: roardinosaurblog@outlook.com
Twitter: @roardinosaur_
Instagram: @roardinosaurblog
Are we following each other on Bloglovin? Check out the side bar!

No comments:

Post a Comment